About Assam 12th Result 2017
Assam Higher Secondary Education Council has announced the Assam 12th Result 2017, today, on May 30, 2017, 10 AM. Assam Board Class 12th examinations commenced on the February 20, 2017 and concluded on March 20, 2017.
AHSEC, an acronym for Assam Higher Secondary Education Council, is the chief authority for administering and managing senior secondary examinations in the state of Assam. Besides conducting yearly senior secondary examinations, AHSEC is appointed to promote and regulate senior secondary education in the state. Each year, Assam Board class 12th students gaining a spot in the merit list are awarded prizes and scholarships provided by the AHSEC. The state education board is responsible for prescribing and selecting the course and supplementary textbooks for senior secondary education in the state of Assam. AHSEC has also the authority to provide affiliation to private schools in the state. The board schedules regular inspections for schools, both government and private, under its supervision and has the authority to withdraw recognition, in the case of any discrepancies.
Steps to Check Assam Class 12 Results 2017
The state education board conducted the examinations during the months of February and March. The official AHSEC Website has a dedicated section for Assam Board class 12th results.
Assam HS Result 2017 has been released via both online and offline modes. Other than becoming available on the official Website, the result is available here as well. Candidates can save or take a print of their result summary web page for later references. Candidates interested in checking their result can do so in following steps:
- Click on the Assam 12th result 2017
- Enter roll number and name in the respective fields
- Click on the "Get the Result" button
- Save the result summary web page or take a printout for future reference.
Some Important Features and Facts about the Assam Board
Assam Higher Secondary Education Council was formed on 1st June 1984. The main objective of the education board is to develop and supervise the senior secondary education system in the state of Assam. AHSEC works directly under the supervision of the Assam state government. In addition to providing higher secondary education, the board also provides several open school programmes in the state. The following section enlists some of the salient features of the Assam Higher Secondary Education Council:
- AHSEC is headquartered in Guwahati, the largest city of Assam.
- Assam Higher Secondary Education Board has the right to advise the state government of Assam for the moral, physical, and social welfare of higher secondary students in the state.
- For providing affiliation to institutions applying for recognition, the board calls for reports from the Director of Secondary Education (DSE).
- The Chairman of the board is appointed directly by the state government and has the tenure of 3 years.
- Assam Higher Secondary Education Council organises the essay, painting, and quiz competitions on the national level. Students from different state education boards of India participate in these contests and winners are awarded prizes by AHSEC.
Assam Education Board Previous Year Results – Key Highlights
Assam Higher Secondary Education Council has yet to announce a date for Assam HS Result. About 4 lakh students participated in Assam Board Class 12th examinations this year. Last year, about 2.46 lakh students appeared in the same examination. Over 2.15 lakh students cleared the examinations last year, with girls leading the league by a great margin in terms of the percentage of passed candidates.
Some key highlights of the Assam 12th result for the past 3 years are summed in the following table:
Assam HS Result Previous Year Highlights
Total Number of Candidates
Passing Candidates %
Total Number of Girls Passing %
Total Number of Boys Passing %
Assam HS Result is expected to cross the 90% mark in the total number of candidates passing the examinations this year. Girls are expected to continue their trend of outlasting boys in the total number of passing students segment.
About Assam Board
AHSEC alias Assam Higher Secondary Education Council is the governing body of higher secondary education in the state of Assam. The education board is responsible for regulating, supervising and developing the system of higher secondary education in Assam. Dr Dayananda Borgohain is the present Chairman for AHSEC while Sri Simanta Kumar Das fulfils the role of Secretary.